The new Customs House as completed in 1891

Submitted by Bryan WINTERMEYER


Photographer: Unknown




The customs house building, c. 1895. Horse carriage in foreground

Submitted by Bryan WINTERMEYER


Photographer: Unknown




The Customs House decorated for the visit of the Prince of Wales 1925. The dome has been removed

Submitted by Bryan WINTERMEYER


Photographer: Unknown




View from the sea
Source: Port ELIZABETH Travel Brochure / Tourist guide / Railway Map 1930
Submitted by Catherine James
Photographer: Unknown




Postcard from 1980 showing it burnt from a fire and still standing and the freeway already built
Submitted by Catherine James
Photographer: Unknown




Drawing of custom house. Port Elizabeth, signed H.S. Greaves P.W.D. Supplement to Eastern Province Herald, Mar. 2nd, 1891. (At that time the building was in course of erection).

Click for larger image

Submitted by Bryan WINTERMEYER


Photographer: Unknown




A sketch of the customs House in 1969, by Tony Grogan. The royal coat-of-arms has been removed

Submitted by Bryan WINTERMEYER


Photographer: Unknown