HOBBS and BONIEUXEstablished: 1934
This partnership, between HB HOBBS and FP BONIEUX in Durban, produced some interesting examples of modern architecture. The style was streamlined and the materials used were concrete, steel and glass. Buildings such as Hollywood Court (1937) represent the work of the firm in the 1930s. The partnership commenced in about 1934, becoming HOBBS, BONIEUX & PARTNERS in about 1952. By 1969 FJS ROUGIER had become a partner and the name changed to HOBBS, BONIEUX & ROUGIER.
(Hillebrand 1986:447; Plan 10, 1975:12ff; UNSAL)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
List of projects With photographs
|Arcade and Shop, addition: 1934. Durban, KwaZulu-Natal - Architect |
|Caxton Hall: 1937. Beach Grove, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal - Architect |
|Hollywood Court: 1937-1939. Durban, KwaZulu-Natal - Architect |
|Main Tin Manufactory: 1937. Durban, KwaZulu-Natal - Architect |