GOODWIN, SMALL and CUTHBERTEstablished: 1903
A partnership in Johannesburg from about 1903 between (AE?) GOODWIN, C SMALL and CD CUTHBERT. In 1904 they won the competition for the design of the Dutch Reformed Church in De Korte Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg. An ensuing dispute with the Dutch Reformed Church committee concerning fees was arbitrated in their favour by the architect JA MOFFAT. When Small left the partnership around 1904/1905, Goodwin & Cuthbert continued to practice (cf GOODWIN & CUTHBERT) in Johannesburg where they were listed in Longland's Transvaal directory from 1904 until 1905 and in the United Transvaal directory of 1907.
(Longland's Tvl dir 1904, 1905; SAMBF Jnl Jun 1905:10; UTD 1907)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing GOODWIN, SMALL and CUTHBERT
|Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1977. Victorian Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: AA Balkema. pp 353|