NIA (1927); TPIA; ISAA (1927).
Born in Durban, the second daughter of John Goodricke, retired Mineralogist and Prospector, and grand-daughter of late John Richardson Goodricke, Advocate and Attorney, and one of the early Mayors of Durban. Educated at Ladies’ College and Maris Stella. She won a bursary for studies at the Natal Technical College. She 'served an apprenticeship' (NWW 1933:105) in Durban, presumably to an architect, and studied through correspondence schools. She registered as an architect with the Institute of South African Architects in 1927, working in Durban from an address at Southern Life Buildings. By 1933 she was employed by LANGTON & BARBOURE. By 1959 she had moved to Johannesburg where her address was 14 Quinn Street, Parkhurst. Goodricke was probably the first woman qualified as an architect to practise in South Africa. In 1959 she is recorded as a member of the Natal Institute although her address is recorded as 14 Quinn Street, Parkhurst, Johannesburg. She had retired by 1968. By 1969 she is recorded as a retired member of the Transvaal Institute, of the address 13 Lola Street, Florida Extension, Florida, Transvaal. From her 'Wo's Who' (1933) entry she appears an active sportswoman and having artistic ability, as she lists as her interests: 'Track cyclist, Gymnast, Tennis, Musician, Dancer. Arts and Crafts'.
(ISAA mem list; ; Who's Who in Natal - with which is incorporated Women of Natal, 1933:105).
Publ: Women in Architecture, SAAR Aug 1934:210-12.)
Books citing GOODRICKE