FORSYTH and PARKEREstablished: 1923
List of Structures
The partnership between J PARKER and A FORSYTH in Cape Town was known as PARKER & FORSYTH only from 1905 although apparently Forsyth had been a partner since 1901. The partnership continued under this style until Parker's death in 1921. When John Kilgour PARKER, Parker's son, joined the firm in about 1923, the name of the firm changed to FORSYTH & PARKER. Many of the drawings of the practice survive and form the Parker, Staniforth and Bieldt Collection in University of Cape Town Libraries.
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.