Share this record

Contact Artefacts
please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.

List of Projects


Established: 1923


The partnership between J PARKER and A FORSYTH in Cape Town was known as PARKER & FORSYTH only from 1905 although apparently Forsyth had been a partner since 1901. The partnership continued under this style until Parker's death in 1921. When John Kilgour PARKER, Parker's son, joined the firm in about 1923, the name of the firm changed to FORSYTH & PARKER. Many of the drawings of the practice survive and form the Parker, Staniforth and Bieldt Collection in University of Cape Town Libraries.

All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.

Books citing FORSYTH and PARKER

Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1989. Historical Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: Struikhof Publishers. pp 15, 22

Walker, Michael. 2012. Early architects of Cape Town and their buildings (1820 - 1926) with postcard illustrations, The. St James: Michael Walker. pp 76-89