FARROW, John WilfredBorn: c1905?
An architect, the son of JWH FARROW who practised in partnership with FARROW & STOCKS in East London in 1930s, Farrow went to England for some part of his architectural education and returned to East London in 1931. In July 1932 he married and in the same month left to take charge of the new office in Durban for FARROW & STOCKS. He registered with the Institute of South African Architects when living in Durban in 1933; he returned to East London in 1935, and formed a partnership with FARROW & STOCKS in 1939 (cf FARROW, STOCKS & FARROW). After the retirement of both principals, JWH FARROW and CBW STOCKS, he carried on the pracrice with SE SMALE with the new name of SMALE & PARTNERS. During the Second World War he was on active service as a second Lieutenant in the Kaffrarian Rifles. By 1953 he had an address at Hoskings Chambers, Change Lane, Pietermaritzburg. He resigned from the ISAA in 1967. ARIBA 1931; ISAA 1933. (ISAA mem list; ARIBA nom papers (1931); SAAR Oct 1940:266; SAB Sep 1931:50; SAB Mar 1932:37; SAB Jul 1932:47)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.