EMLEY and SCOTTEstablished: 1892
F SCOTT, joined the firm of CAMPBELL & EMLEY as an assistant on his arrival in Pretoria in 1889. On the dissolution of Campbell & Emley, Scott entered into partnership with Emley in 1892 with offices in Johannesburg and Pretoria. The partnership lasted until Scott left for Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) in 1898 (Scott returned to Johannesburg in 1902 cf. SCOTT, WOOLLACOTT & HUDSON). As Emley & Scott the partners were responsible for the Standard Bank (1894) on Church Square in Pretoria; they entered the Cape Town city hall competition (1894) in which they were placed third.
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing EMLEY and SCOTT
|Bakker, Karel A, Clarke, Nicholas J. 2014. Eclectic ZA Wilhelmiens : A shared Dutch built heritage in South Africa. Pretoria: Visual Books. pp 79|
|Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1989. Historical Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: Struikhof Publishers. pp 166|
|van der Waal, Gerhard-Mark. 1987. From Mining Camp to Metropolis - The buildings of Johannesburg 1886-1940. Pretoria: Human Sciences Research Council. pp 74|