ELK, LouisBorn: ?
Reg No: 151
Year registered: 1927
TPIA (1927); ISAA (1927).
Currently nothing is known about Elk's training. He practised in Pretoria on his own account where he became a member of the Transvaal Provincial Institute of Architects in 1927. Among his buildings were the Bronkhorstspruit Town Hall (1936) and the synagogue for the Adath Israel congregation (1936). In 1958 he entered into partnership with PM ELK (relationship unknown) the firm being styled ELK & ELK. He retired in 1966. In 1969 he is still recorded as a retired member of the Transvaal Institute, being of Orange Grove, Johannesburg.
(ISAA mem list ; SA Archt Sep 1940:207),
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing ELK