Was educated at Dulwich College, England around 1870-1880, and served articles with Henry Curry, ARIBA. He studied at the Royal Academy Schools in 1881 while an assistant in H Saxon Snell's office in London. Curry won the Grissell Medal in 1881. He went to South America in 1888, where, until 1891 his address was given as 'c/0 Messrs Treacher, Tenac & Co, Rosario de Santa Fe, Argentine Republic'. By 1894/1895 he was again living in Sutton, Surrey, at which time he entered a competition for the Llandudno Municipal Buildings, and was awarded second premium. He was awarded first premium in a competition for Sutton Public Buildings, Surrey, England in 1895, a partner in the firm Curry & Tatlock. He came to South Africa in about 1896, his address in 1896 being given as c/o the Chief Inspector's Office, PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT, Cape Town. In 1902 he became a member of the South African Association of Architects, a founder member; Curry worked in South Africa for about eight years and by 1904 he had returned to England. In 1914 he was living/working in South Croydon. For many years he worked for Sir Alexander Stenning, and had contacts with Mr Arthur Mew up to c1930. (ARIBA nom papers (1881) (7) 116; RIBA kals 1896-1904; S Pampinella, Argentina, pers com.1999)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing CURRY