CORRIGALL and CRICKMAYEstablished: 1936
This was a partnership between J CORRIGALL and GH CRICKMAY in Springs from 1936 and in Pietermaritzburg and Springs from 1938. Among other buildings they designed the building for the Natal Provincial Administration in Pietermaritz Street in Pietermaritzburg (c1957), currently (1991) the Natal Education Department building. In 1946 the firm became Corrigal, Crickmay & Partners (the partners being CORRIGALL, CRICKMAY, WJG ELLENS, LC SYMES and DM WOODS); by 1947 the firm had offices in Pretoria, Pietermaritzburg and Port Elizabeth. By 1967 the Pietermaritzburg branch was known as Corrigall, Crickmay & Lees-Rolfe.
(ISAA mem list; ISAA Ybks 1935-39; SAAR Jan 1941:60; UTD 1939)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
List of projects With photographs
|House Smedley: 1948. Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth), Eastern Cape - Architect |
|SATU House: 1951. Pretoria, Gauteng - Architect |
Books citing CORRIGALL and CRICKMAY
|McLachlan, Gavin. 1993. The Dream Houses of Mill Park. Port Elizabeth: Department of Architecture, University of Port Elizabeth. pp 126|