CORDEAUX, FARROW and STOCKSEstablished: 1924
CWB STOCKS joined JWH FARROW in partnership in 1924, the year after CORDEAUX's death but the partnership was styled Cordeaux, Farrow & Stocks, changing in about 1928 to FARROW & STOCKS, with offices in East London and King William's Town. In 1925 they won the competition for the Cape Divisional Office on Greenmarket Square, Cape Town in 1925, abandoned for lack of finance. Between 1924 and 1928 the partners entered a number of competitions with varying success, coming second in the competition for Milton High School in Bulawayo in 1925 and third in the competition for the Pretoria Technical College in 1926.
(AB&E Nov 1926:2; SAAR Dec 1925:89-95 ill 105-6; SAB Jan 1926:37)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.