BArch 1975 (Pretoria) - Final design title: Primary School, Hatfield Pretoria
Jon MEHL was invited to participate in the 50 year Anniversary of the University of Pretoria School of Architecture Alumni Exhibition held at the Pretoria Art Gallery on 7-25 July 1993. The following is a short biography which was published in the catalogue at the time.
- Born 1951-05-16 in Pretoria.
- Pupil at Pretoria Boys High School 1964 - 1968.
- B. Arch degree at University of Pretoria 1975.
- Certificate in Arbitration from RAU 1983.
- Study tour of ISM to Chicago, Boston and New York in 1984.
- Associate Member of the Royal Institute of British Architects 1986.
- External examiner University of Pretoria.
Part-time Lecturer University of Pretoria 1986 - 1993 in subjects: Building Technology, History of Architecture, Design and Design Theory.
- Committee member & Vice Chairman of Pretoria Architectural Society 1988 - 1991.
Architect at various practices in South Africa, London and Teheran, 1975 - 1977.
Architect at BRIAN SANDROCK ARCHITECTS, Pretoria 1977 - 1980: Buildings on the campuses of the Universities of Pretoria and South Africa.
Partnership LLEW BRYAN JON MEHL ARCHITECTS 1980 - 1988: Educational buildings, offices, housing, conservation and buildings for the physically disabled.
LLEW BRYAN JON MEHL ARCHITECTS (independent of Llew BRYAN) 1988-1990: Housing, conservation and buildings for the physically disabled.
Partnership STEYN & VILJOEN Architects, 1990 - present.
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing MEHL
|Beck, Haig (Editor). 1985. UIA International Architect : Southern Africa (Issue 8). London: International Architect. pp Inner back cover, 28-29|
Chapters in books by MEHL