The partnership between C CAWSE and EG TUCKER, formed in 1934 in Johannesburg, was joined in 1935 by RA BRUCE and from late 1935 the partnership was known as TUCKER-BRUCE. Records in the Institute of South African Architects give the date of the Tucker-Bruce partnership as September 1935. There is currently no indication that Cawse left the partnership.
(ISAA mem list cf RA BRUCE; SAB Sep 1935:55; SAAR Jun 1936:206)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
List of projects With photographs
|House: 1935. Lower Houghton, Johannesburg, Gauteng - Architect |
|House, Mrs Paul Davis: 1935. Parkview, Johannesburg, Gauteng - Architect |