SMITH, SONS and DEWAREstablished: 1900?
The partnership between GW SMITH, W DEWAR, GO SMITH and HB SMITH in Port Elizabeth; GO Smith appears to have joined the firm around 1900 and HB Smith joined in about 1910. After GW Smith and WR Dewar had died or retired, GO Smith carried on the firm until he retired in 1936, after which date the business was carried on by ID MacGILLIVRAY and H PULLEN under the same style; MacGillivray having become a partner in 1938 the style was changed to MacGILLIVRAY, SMITH, SONS & DEWAR.
(SAB Aug 1936:53; SAB Mar 1938:72; Picton-Seymour 1977)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing SMITH, SONS and DEWAR
|McLachlan, Gavin. 1993. The Dream Houses of Mill Park. Port Elizabeth: Department of Architecture, University of Port Elizabeth. pp 24, 94|