SMITH and DEWAREstablished: 1904
The partnership in Port Elizabeth between GW SMITH and W DEWAR from about 1880; they were joined by Smith's sons later, the partnership becoming SMITH, SON & DEWAR and then SMITH, SONS & DEWAR. The firm was responsible for a number of domestic and commercial buildings in Port Elizabeth.
(Smith 1985; Harradine 1985; Trehaevan 1985; Picton-Seymour 1977)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing SMITH and DEWAR
|Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1977. Victorian Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: AA Balkema. pp 185, 188, 189, 193, 197|
|Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1989. Historical Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: Struikhof Publishers. pp 106|