SIEMERINK and WALKEREstablished: 1927
The partnership in Port Elizabeth and Cape Town from c1927 to 1935 between H SIEMERINK and HAH WALKER. By 1933 they had an office in Cape Town. The partnership was responsible for the design of a number of buildings throughout the Cape Province. In 1930 they were appointed architects to the Provincial Hospital in Port ELizabeth. By this time they had designed the Italianate-styled building for the Netherlands Bank (1927) which must have helped establish the firm's reputation. They carried out a number of buildings for the Port Elizabeth motor industry between 1927 and 1930, including both the Ford Factory and the General Motors Factory (1928).
(Cumming-George 1933, 1934)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing SIEMERINK and WALKER
|Cumming-George, L. 1933. Architecture in South Africa - Volume One. Cape Town: The Speciality Press of S.A. Ltd.. pp 134, 145|
|Harradine, Margaret. 1994. Port Elizabeth : a social chronicle to the end of 1945. Port Elizabeth: E.H. Walton Packaging (Pty) Ltd. pp 165, 179, 185, 191|