SHERWOOD and DAVIDGE-PITTSEstablished: 1903
EJ SHERWOOD and HD PITTS were listed in partnership in Cape Town in 1903. In 1905 they won the competition for the Dutch Reformed Church building in Noorder Paarl and were placed second and third in the competitions for the Cape of Good Hope Savings Bank and for the Cape Town Baths respectively. The partnership seems to have come to an end about 1907/1908.
(Juta's dir 1903; Kesting 1978; LRIBA nom papers H Davidge-Pitts;
SAA&B May 1905:155; SAAE&S Jnl Oct 1906:9)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
List of projects With photographs
|Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1905. Noorder Paarl, Western Cape - Architect |
Books citing SHERWOOD and DAVIDGE-PITTS