PHILIP, CARMICHAEL and MURRAYEstablished: 1890?
The partnership or association between WM PHILIP, C CARMICHAEL and C MURRAY. Only one building by them has so far been identified, the Law Chambers in Church Square, Pretoria (1890-3). The partnership could not have lasted very long; Murray left Johannesburg for Mashonaland in 1891, although his name appears on a plan of 1892 (see PHILIP & MURRAY).
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing PHILIP, CARMICHAEL and MURRAY
|Meiring, Hannes. 1980. Pretoria 125. Cape Town: Human & Rousseau. pp 65|
|Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1989. Historical Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: Struikhof Publishers. pp 166|