OWEN EATON and MERRIFIELDEstablished: 1934
The partnership between Francis Owen EATON and Charles Henry Norman MERRIFIELD in Port Elizabeth from 1934 until 1949. Merrifield came to Port Elizabeth in about 1934, joining Owen Eaton in April 1934. The partners were responsible for the design of the Algoa Bay Hotel (SA Archt Feb 1940:415), Abbotsford in Mill Park (SA Archt May 1940:57) and some bachelor flats The Cloisters (SA Archt Dec 1940:327) and a number of other works.
(FRIBA nom papers - OE; ISAA mem list - OE; SAB Apr 1934:23; SAB Apr 1934:23)
Submitted and entry for the Competition for the new Prime Minister's Residence - unplaced.
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing OWEN EATON and MERRIFIELD
|McLachlan, Gavin. 1993. The Dream Houses of Mill Park. Port Elizabeth: Department of Architecture, University of Port Elizabeth. pp 24, 104|